- Premier Smith’s Ottawa mission: Premier Smith was in Ottawa this week attending the First Ministers meeting on healthcare. The federal government presented its plan which the Premiers will discuss in the coming days. Premier Smith met individually with several other premiers and met with Prime Minister Trudeau to discuss the proposed ‘Just Transition’ legislation.
- New agri-processing tax credit: Budget 2023 will introduce a new agri-processing tax credit to attract large-scale investments. The Alberta Agri-Processing Investment Tax Credit will provide a 12% tax credit for capital investments of at least $10 million in value-added agri-processing ensuring Alberta maintains its competitive edge over other jurisdictions.
- $8.5 million for low-income nursing students: Alberta is expanding the New Beginnings Bursary to assist up to 1,700 low-income nursing students. The funding seeks to address the high demand for nurses and healthcare professionals in Alberta.
- Legislature: The Legislature is scheduled to return on February 28. Budget 2023 will be delivered on the same day.
- Alberta’s investment leads to new jobs in Cochrane
- Readout: Premier Smith’s Mission to Ottawa
- Capitalizing on value-added agriculture
- Readout: Premier Smith meets with the Prime Minister
- Premier Smith’s update from Ottawa
- Supporting low-income nursing students
- Building safer workplaces for youth
- 1 million Albertans to receive affordability payments
- Strengthening Alberta’s provincial court
- January Labour Force Survey: Minister Jean
- Orders in Council