Additional inflation relief payments: Since January, nearly 1.2 million Albertans have enrolled to receive affordability relief payments. About 25,000 Albertans who currently are not able to access affordability payments through current support programs will soon receive their affordability relief payments. The payments are part of the Affordability Action Plan.
New Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership: The Sustainable Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a new pan-Canadian partnership. The partnership represents $508 million in funding over five years in Alberta and provides grants to programs that support the needs of the agriculture and agri-food sector. The new framework provides more flexibility to develop and deliver programs that are aligned with Alberta’s needs and the Government of Alberta’s priorities.
New interchange on QEII: The Government of Alberta is investing $51 million to replace the interchange at the intersection of Hwy 566 and the QEII Highway. The interchange will accommodate the busy logistics and distribution hub in Rocky View County. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2025 and be completed in 2027.
Election 2023: Alberta’s general election is scheduled for May 29, 2023.
- Supporting sustainability in agriculture
- Gene Zwozdesky Centre one step closer to opening
- Federal budget 2023-24: Minister Toews
- $5-million expansion to family resolution services
- Statement: Premier Danielle Smith
- Strengthening rural health care
- Orders in Council
- Strong partnerships for vibrant Métis communities
- Building more campgrounds and trails across Alberta
- Update on Alberta’s energy sector: Minister Guthrie
- Orders in Council
- Accommodation funding for Ukrainian evacuees
- New interchange on QEII north of Calgary
- New construction funding for Raymond high school
- Saluting star volunteers in Alberta
- Inflation relief for Albertans with disabilities
- Keeping continuing care affordable for residents