Appointments to Cabinet Committees: Premier Smith announced appointments to cabinet policy committees. Committees include Alberta First, Building Communities, Economic Diversification, Public Safety and Wellness, and the Legislative Review Committee. A full list of appointments can be found here.
Mandate letter for the Minister of Jobs, Economy and Trade: Minister Matt Jones received his mandate letter from the Premier outlining her expectations for his ministry. The letter includes platform commitments like finding incentives for forestry and manufacturing sectors, attracting investment, addressing labour shortages, and reducing red tape. The mandate letter can be read here.
Mandate letter for the Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation: Minister RJ Sigurdson received his mandate letter outlining the Premier’s priorities for his ministry. Priorities include a $3 million Feeder Assistance Loan Guarantee to support Alberta producers, modernizing irrigation infrastructure, and increasing nitrogen production. The full letter can be found here.
Stampede Event: The Progressive Contractors Association (PCA) and CLAC are hosting their annual Stampede gathering on Wednesday, July 12 in Calgary. Details are available at this link.
Legislative calendar: MLAs will return to the Legislature on October 30 for the Speech from the Throne.
UCP AGM: The United Conservative Party will be holding their next AGM on November 3-4 in Calgary.
- Helping Albertans recover from wildfires
- Building a recovery community with Tsuut’ina Nation
- Minister of Jobs, Economy and Trade mandate letter
- Building a recovery community with Siksika Nation
- Investing in strong regional economies
- Orders in Council
- Premier names cabinet committees
- June Labour Force Survey: Statement from Minister Jones
- Helping visually impaired Albertans find work
- Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation mandate letter