Wellington Advocacy is a national full-service public affairs team with decades of professional experience serving as senior advisor in Canada’s highest political offices. We deliver a full range of government relations services, strategic communications, digital mobilization and global partnerships to corporations, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. Together, our team’s diverse skill set complements each other to ensure the best advice, analysis and mentorship to our partners and clients. We believe this culture is personally and professional rewarding, offering members of our team a meaningful role in making a difference.
About the role: Wellington is looking for motivated and enthusiastic summer interns to join our team for full-time paid internships. As a summer intern, you will work on real projects in real time. You will gain hands-on experience and exposure to some of Canada’s top talent in government relations, public policy and communications.
- Researching and analyzing public policy issues relevant to our clients
- Assisting in the development of advocacy and lobbying strategies
- Preparing briefing notes, presentations, and reports
- Attending and summarizing government and industry events
- Participating in team meetings and providing support as needed
- Currently enrolled in a related field such as Political Science, Public Administration, Public relations, Communications or Business Administration
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with government and public policy processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Qualified applicants should submit your cover letter and resume within the form below or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellington Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture.
Application deadline is April 6th, 2023