Wellington Advocacy is a national full-service public affairs team with decades of professional experience serving as senior advisors in Canada’s highest political offices. We deliver a full range of government relations services, strategic communications, and digital mobilization to corporations, trade associations, and non-profit organizations.
Wellington Advocacy seeks a Senior Consultant to join our Alberta Practice. Reporting directly to the Vice President and Director of the Alberta Business Line, the Senior Consultant will represent industry-leading companies, non-profits and brands in Alberta and western Canada.
The Senior Consultant will:
- Serve as a vital member of the Alberta Business Line, contributing to business development activities by identifying and pursuing prospective opportunities, partnerships and collaborations.
- Monitor market trends across different industry sectors to identify opportunities and strategies for Wellington Advocacy and clients.
- Assist clients in navigating policy challenges and develop effective government engagement strategies.
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with government and industry stakeholders.
- Prepare various documents, including government relations plans, client presentations, policy briefs, memos, proposals, client briefing notes, and others as assigned.
- Proactively monitor political and Legislative developments for Wellington Advocacy and clients.
- Perform administrative duties to support the daily operations of the Business Line, including scheduling and digital file management.
- Post-secondary education in political studies, public relations, communications or a related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in government, government relations or public affairs.
- A strong understanding of the provincial government decision-making process;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in client service, project management and building/executing government relations strategies.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with government officials, industry contacts and other stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Agency experience is an asset.
- Background working in Saskatchewan or Manitoba, either as a consultant or in a political/government role, is an asset.
- Proficiency with design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite) is an asset.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter and resume through the form below or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Wellington Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture.
The application deadline is December 1st, 2023